Saturday, September 30, 2006

Yes he was alright

the song went on forever!

Lady Stardust by David Bowie.

This one is such a fxcking beautiful song. I think the whole Ziggy Album is not that "K". D'you know what I mean? Most of the songs are just not easy to follow note by note. For this one, I thought so, as first.

But somehow I found out its not that hard. I don't mean this one is easy to follow, but it is so beautiful that you can't stop listening to it and finally you can sing it as Bowie do(as least, kind of. I don't expect anyone can make such a good deliver as Bowie. He is David Bowie, man!). I think I would totally breakdown if i'm in any live performance of this song. It's just so catchy and so emotional, especially the line "the song went on forever", that can kill anyone.

To Bowie, this song is about Marc Bolan. To me, this song is about David Bowie.

Have no idea what's the connection between the song and the vid. But whatever, just give it a kick if you really want to know what I'm talking about and you're not scared to be haunted by a song from 70' peformed by a Fascinating Sexy Transexual Glam Rocker.

And could you notice the last line, at 2:54 of the vid? Can you actually figure out the words? This line is not officially written at the album cover booklet. But I could tell you this line is fxcking important for you to understand what is meant by Rock 'n' Roll. You can tell why Bowie is considered as a "naturally talented perfect Rock'n'Roll Performaner". This line just come out at the right moment with the right melody in the right context.

huh?

No comments:

Copyright 林記 ever and forever

Feel free to distribute with the following copyright message attached:

Writtien by YH Lam. Original Posted at www.yickhong.blogspot.com

wibiya widget