Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Baby, I Love You

Just make it straight.

Personally I'm quite a cynic and paranoid who always think too much. I may have too much 'rules' or 'theories' about music, or maybe love. I love to think and all i have is my love of love to think(thx, bowie). When you ask me what is rock music, what is love, or what makes a piece of rock song classic or what makes me fall in love, I can easy response with 7979 words to explain what it's on my mind.

But it doesn't mean I'm a complicated person.

I'm always a shallow straight forward guy when it comes to feeling. Pop idols? I hate it. Rock music? I love it. Music which could make you look cool and smart and moody without actually have to understand what it is? I fucking hate it.

Yes, I love easy music. Powerful? Good! Energetic? Great! Love Song?...Wait, you think I'm gonna fuck it all up? Sorry, I'll be disappointing you.

The problem is not producing a love song, never. The problem is the pop idol sing a fucking fake love song with a fucking fake attitude and got the cash and pretending talented and calling themselves an artist. Pop idol my arse.

I love this song very much. Straight forward, pretty, easy, dumb but not stupid(fuck the fucking pretenders...I mean i think i'll like The Pretenders, the band with an amazing vocal, a girl...mmm, a lady......I'm now pointing my finger to those stupid pretenders...you know what i mean?).

"What is love anyway?" maybe somehow we should just give a simple answer, like this song, "Baby, I Love You", by The Ramones, the father of punk without making any commercial success but long live in history and people's memory, and the piece is produced by the legendary Phil Spector, this version is a cover of his old composition.

No comments:

Copyright 林記 ever and forever

Feel free to distribute with the following copyright message attached:

Writtien by YH Lam. Original Posted at www.yickhong.blogspot.com

wibiya widget