Monday, May 14, 2012

Eight miles high: Oasis re-visit

"You need to find the way for what you wanna say."

Hey guys, I'm now at “8 miles high”, the plane is heading to San Francisco with most of the light off. People are sleeping here and there. What am I doing here all alone? I'm listening to Oasis, technically my first fav band of all time.

"I think I've got a feeling I'm lost inside"

I can't tell you how long I have not really listened to Oasis. As a band started nearly 20 years ago, their music still sound so fresh in my ears. Yes, they are not a new band, but the taste of fresh is within the music. New or old, they are just fresh.

"Maybe you're the same as me, we see things they'll never see"

If I come to a conclusion that Oasis is the one last great british rock band, people would probably fuck me off. Come fuck me off. But first of all, what of I defined the meaning of the term "great rock band".

"There are many things that I would like to say to you but I don't know how."

Since the born of rock in the 60s, there have been so many good rock bands came around. And rock has been evolved every direction it could have been. But there has been some truly great rock bands that capture the heart of an entire generation. They played the music of the heart of the people. The shit they did mean a lot to the entire generation. The Beatles, The Who, Sex Pistols, Nirvana... They all somehow being the voice of the generation, intentionally or unintentionally.

"To find yourself a job when there's nothing worth working for."

I'm not sure what Muse or Coldplay did for you, but Oasis was the voice of our lives, our moods, our feelings and our utter inevitable shits. You can have thousand reasons to hate them. But people won't stop loving them.

"Please don't put your life in the hands of a rock'n'roll band, and throw it all away"

I wanna form a band.

No comments:

Copyright 林記 ever and forever

Feel free to distribute with the following copyright message attached:

Writtien by YH Lam. Original Posted at www.yickhong.blogspot.com

wibiya widget