Friday, December 09, 2011

All that tweet - Talking about English name...

Talking about English name... I can't say I never feel like to have one... the pt is I never really able to pick one...


My cousin picked one for me when I was in primary school. Lewis... but I didn't really use it. Maybe only my cousin and sisters ever know.


They should have forgotten about it 90 years ago. However, it did make me always wanna find one I can relate to my Chinese name...


Of course, you wanna pick one, so you always start off after the name of your heroes. First, Penny Hardaway... I thought about Anfernee...


but it doesnt relate to my Chinese name. Penny? it's too girly is it? however I was called Penny in high school among peers


Purely because my ICQ name is Penny Hardaway... it's never official and I didn't use it in my English class either.


and I am never afraid to tell gweilo to remember my Chinese name. it turned out my uni roommate called me Yick instead of Hong...


The other one is of coz Lars Ricken. You know cantonese then you know I will never call myself Lars... pretty obvious.


I know someone use Ricken as his English name. but I don't feel like using a surname, however.


John Entwistle? Using John in hk is like telling ppl you randomly come up with it only when ur teacher asked u for an English name.


the closest one is Liam. of course, Gallagher. Oh wait, it means William and I dont feel like I'm called William. I just can't connect to it


Yes. Fucking picky Virgo. and I don't believe in astrology. anyway... I thought about Dylan, Bowie or Iggy... all failed certain criteria...


But I do have a back up one now. Lou. Lou for Lou Reed. and Lou for Lou Dorchen from Hot tub time machine. Remember who he is?


Yes, the fucker in the movie. and I adore him. anyway, Lou for Louis, and I can relate it to my Chinese name... so it maybe a good one


So, maybe I'll be known as Lou or Louis someday. maybe not and become John eventually lol. Anyway, I'm now still Hong from Hong Kong. =]

No comments:

Copyright 林記 ever and forever

Feel free to distribute with the following copyright message attached:

Writtien by YH Lam. Original Posted at www.yickhong.blogspot.com

wibiya widget