Thursday, February 10, 2011

Drift Away 3 times



The original. The one I have just listened once. I dunno if I like this one more or the Dobie Gray one... I will say this first version is more R&B/Rock'n'Roll. Probably I like this one most...becoz it's more of my taste :)

Take notice of the intro...






I used to think this one is the original version.... anyway. It's a soulful version. Dobie Gray sang it so great.

Take notice of the intro...Compare to this version, may I say John Henry Kurtz version intro is nearly a hardrock intro? lol. This intro is sweet though.





This is the latest version. in 2003 and the recording is indeed feat. Dobie Gray(in chorus and bridge I reckon). Actually quite a good remake. Although it's the first ever one I listened, surprisingly, I enjoyed the 2 older version more.

I don't mean this one is any bad, however, just take a look on the hook line "Give me the beat boys and free my soul, I wanna get lost in your rock'n'roll".

Somehow I get lost a bit more on the older verions' Rock'n'Roll loool


Bonus:

No comments:

Copyright 林記 ever and forever

Feel free to distribute with the following copyright message attached:

Writtien by YH Lam. Original Posted at www.yickhong.blogspot.com

wibiya widget